Pages - Menu

Friday, January 11, 2013

A new year, same old me

It's a new year and we should all be feeling rejuvenated and ready to tackle all those new goals and resolutions! So why do I still feel like this:

While I am secretly wishing I felt (and looked) like this:

 This year is definitely off to a slow start, but I am planning to get out of my funk, start setting some goals and start kicking 2013's butt! In that spirit, I have a new recipe to share to help get your day started off right. The other day the hubs made these delicious runny egg breakfast sandwiches. The ingredients are quite simple, but fresh bakery bread is a must for this dish. When you see the ingredients you might be a bit skeptical, but the sharp flavor of the blue cheese paired with the peppery arugula is perfection. There is just something about a runny egg that makes me feel warm inside especially when it’s January and I feel like a blob. Enjoy!
BP's Runny Yolk Sandwich
country bread, sliced
eggs (2 per sandwich)
Roma tomatoe (sliced)
arugula
blue cheese crumbles
olive oil
butter


These sandwiches are so easy to prepare. Just melt the butter  and crack your eggs into the pan. Let the eggs solidify for a bit and then flip them. Let them cook for a minute or two longer so that they are over medium (you can make them over easy if that is your preference, but it can get messy!). While the eggs are cooking brush both sides of the country bread with olive oil and toast them in a pan. To assemble the sandwich place the arugula, tomatoes, and cheese on one slice of the toasted bread and then top with two eggs and the other slice of toasted bread. Now take a big bite and wipe that dribble of runny yolk off your chin!

Happy New Year! One of my resolutions is to blog more so you will be hearing from me soon.


1 comment:

  1. That sandwich is on my short list of things I'm going to eat after my wedding!

    ReplyDelete